Please see all our locations!
Skip to main content

Third Party Reproduction (Donor)

University Reproductive Associates (URA) -  - Reproductive Endocrinology

University Reproductive Associates (URA)

Reproductive Endocrinologists & Infertility Specialists located in Hasbrouck Heights, Hoboken, Wayne, Millburn, & Denville, N and Goshen, NYJ

Infertility affects many couples. Though there are many effective treatment options to improve your chances of conception, if you’re unable to get pregnant, you may be considering third party reproduction. The fertility specialists at University Reproductive Associates offer many innovative solutions for couples struggling with infertility, including third party reproduction (donor). To learn more about third party reproduction, call the office in Hasbrouck Heights, Hoboken, Wayne, Millburn, & Denville, NJ and Goshen, NY or use the online booking tool to request a consultation.

Third Party Reproduction (Donor) Q & A

What is third party reproduction?

Third party reproduction refers to the use of an outside individual to assist in the process of reproduction who isn’t the person or couple planning on raising the child. Third party reproduction includes the use of:

  • Donor sperm
  • Donor eggs
  • Donor embryos
  • Surrogate to carry baby

The experienced team at University Reproductive Associates understands the complexities that surround third party reproduction and have helped many couples navigate their way through, including LGBTQ couples. 

What is third party reproduction donor?

Third party reproduction donor specifically refers to donor eggs, embryos, and sperm. The specialists at University Reproductive Associates have an egg donor program and allow women to donate their eggs to help couples struggling with infertility. To be considered a good candidate for third party reproduction donor, the team has you complete a medical history form, which is followed by a phone interview.

The third party reproduction donor program may also be used for couples who have pre-selected an egg donor. University Reproductive Associates doesn’t have a sperm bank, but can refer you to a sperm bank in the area that complies with FDA standards for safety and testing.

What can I expect during a third party reproduction consultation?

You can expect a comprehensive evaluation when you come to see the fertility specialists at University Reproductive Associates to discuss third party reproduction. The team asks detailed questions about your fertility struggles to better understand your needs and help you get the results you’re looking for.

As recommended by the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), all patients using donor sperm, donor eggs, or a surrogate meet with a mental health specialist trained in third party reproduction. During this helpful meeting, you and your partner (if applicable) discuss your attitudes toward the planned treatment and go over all your questions such as how to talk to your child about the procedure in an age-appropriate manner.

Depending on your needs, the specialists offer many infertility procedures, including in vitro fertilization (IVF) and intrauterine insemination (IUI). They can also assist you in finding an egg donor and refer you to an agency if you’re in need of a surrogate.

To schedule a consultation with the fertility experts at University Reproductive Associates to discuss third party reproduction, call the office or request an appointment using the online booking button.