Sara Morelli, M.D., Ph.D.
Dr. Morelli is an attending physician at University Reproductive Associates and is Assistant Professor in the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women’s Health, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at Rutgers-New Jersey Medical School. Dr. Morelli is the Director of the Fellowship training program in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School—the only one of its kind in the state of New Jersey. She and Dr. Peter McGovern are responsible for the oversight of the clinical and investigative training of obstetrician/gynecologists seeking advanced training in the field of reproductive endocrinology & infertility.
As a physician-scientist, her primary investigative interest is in disorders of the uterine lining (endometrium). Her laboratory at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School focuses on contributions of bone marrow cells to the uterus. She has published various articles and book chapters on endometrial function, endometriosis, infertility, in vitro fertilization, ectopic pregnancy and menopause.
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG)
- Board Certified, Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN)
- Board Certified, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI)
- B.S., Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- M.D., Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Ph.D., Rutgers Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Newark, NJ
- OB/GYN Residency: NYU School of Medicine, New York, NY
- REI Fellowship: New Jersey Medical School-UMDNJ, Newark, NJ
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)/anovulation
- Recurrent pregnancy loss
- Reproductive endocrinology
- Minimally invasive surgery (laparoscopy/hysteroscopy)
- Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, NJ
- University Hospital, Newark, NJ
- Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women’s Health, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
- Director, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
- Director, REI Fellowship Program, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
- Oral Board Examiner for the American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology REI Exam
- Member, American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Member, Endocrine Society
- Member, Society for Reproductive Investigation
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology/American Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Foundation Scholar Award
- Lyman J. Barton Memorial Award as Graduating Honor Resident, NYU School of Medicine
- Mortimer Levitz Resident Research Award in Basic Science, NYU School of Medicine
- Graduated with Distinction in Research, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Alpha Omega Alpha National Honor Society
Dr. Morelli has been with University Reproductive Associates since 2010.
My Personal Philosophy:
“It is a true privilege to help people build families and to care for them during some of the most challenging times of their lives. I am a creative thinker, and I will always apply the latest evidence when planning a course of treatment. I will listen, and I will always be forthright. I promise to deliver compassionate and personalized care of the highest quality.”