Gerson Weiss M.D.
Dr. Weiss is nationally recognized for his many distinguished achievements. He has been a National Institutes of Health (NIH)–funded physician-scientist for more than 25 years and has published more than 220 articles across many subjects, including the biology of the hormone relaxin as well as topics on infertility, menopause and hormone physiology. He has held multiple major leadership positions including past chairman of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and past president for the Society for Gynecologic Investigation.
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG)
- Board Certified, Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN)
- Board Certified, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI)
- B.S., New York University, New York, NY
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY
- OB/GYN Residency: NYU-Bellevue Medical Center, New York, NY
- Research Fellowship in Physiology: University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, NJ
- University Hospital, Newark, NJ
- Robert Bruce Dow Medal, NYU Washington Square College
- Lyman J. Barton Memorial Obstetrics Forceps Award as Graduating Honor Resident, New York
- University Medical Center, New York
- John Polachek Foundation Fellow for Medical Research
- Purdue-Frederick Award for Medical Research
- Anita Payne Lectureship, University of Michigan
- Emeritus Professor and former Chair of the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women’s Health at Rutgers (formerly UMDNJ) New Jersey Medical School from 1986 to 2015. He is a board-certified physician in obstetrics and gynecology as well as reproductive endocrinology and infertility.
Dr. Weiss has been with University Reproductive Associates since 2003.